Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Daily Day 16

Yesterday, my mother-in-law came over to help with Natalie after work so I could get some work done and Chris could cook us dinner! Unfortunately, Natalie still has major stranger danger (say that 3 times fast) and really only lets me or Chris hold her! But I got a nice photo of GG helping Chris with the prep work! We just joined emeals.com a couple weeks ago, and so far we are LOVING it! They do the meal planning for you - basically sending you 7 dinner recipes per week, along with an organized grocery list. But that's not all, you can choose your type of meal plan, for example we chose "Mediterranean" but you can also select from Clean Eating, Paleo, Simple Gourmet, and a ton more. The printable grocery lists also tell you which number meal they go with in case you don't want to buy for all the meals, or you can download the free app to your mobile device and click "skip meal" to adjust the grocery list and then just look at your phone while you're at the store! It takes a lot of time to do meal planning and shopping - so for the nominal fee ($5/month) we find this very worth it!! Chris has been great at doing the shopping, cooking AND cleaning for us while I just have to watch/feed Natalie!! It's a win-win for both of us! I always say, I am in charge of Natalie and he is in charge of me :)


Anyway, so I am loving how easy it is to have pre-decorated cards and then just dress them up a bit! So the left side was very easy and came together quickly - I had already cut out the die cut in the lower left so all I really did was add the gold "16" clip and two gold glitter splotch stickers to the Blessings card, then some washi cut off at the bottom and journaling to the other card!


For the right side I knew I wanted to do layering of some sort, but as it is not natural for me to do, I used Maggie Holmes' Day 7 from the 25 Days class I am taking over at Studio Calico as my inspiration! She is so good at adding little bits and pieces and creating such a layered, ephemeral look! Mine isn't nearly as good but for me, this turned out really great - plus I surprised myself by being able to incorporate gold AND dark glittery/gray together in one spread.


So far so good with December Daily - just 9 days left, I can't believe it! Also, as a side note - I truly am so blessed this Christmas season! I have so much to be thankful for and so many of my prayers have been answered, I can't even count! Hope you all have a blessed Christmas season as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment