Tuesday, December 22, 2015

#Challenge52Kits Block Party - January 2013

I shared this on my Instagram, but back in January 2013, I was into my 1st trimester with my daughter and so tired and nauseous, which is why I think I never liked this kit… it is one of my least favorites of all time!


ABOUT BLOCK PARTY | I don't know if it was also the colors, but it was a mix of odd colors that didn't pair all that well together - red, orange, yellow, lime green, teal, and a mucky gray… just blah!


Main kit leftover

Pioneer Drive leftover

Woodbrooke Road leftover

A LAYOUT | I had trouble getting started on this layout, mainly because I generally start all my layouts first by picking out papers to go with my pictures. So I switched gears for this layout and started with the pictures and the envelope. Once I had a bit of a direction with how I wanted those to appear on the page, I just used the orange paper that was already cut to that size as a column and embellished on top, leaving out the difficult decision of having to incorporate more random patterned and colored paper!


NEXT UP | Front Row from February 2013 - a kit that I remember as having lots of yellows, greens, and blues, so my goal this week was to wrap it up by trying to work in some variety of colors there.

No comments:

Post a Comment