Monday, December 21, 2015

#Challenge52Kits 34th Street - December 2012

I'm back to my blog, playing a bit of catch up, amidst this busy Christmas season! A few weeks ago I took out 34th Street, and wanted to try to make a non-Christmas layout for it!


ABOUT 34TH STREET | 2012 was the first year I ever (attempted) December Daily - I finished it eventually, when preordering was available for the 2013 kit, around September. Since it was my first one, I thought it would be a good idea to order extra papers and add-on kits so I'd have enough supplies to finish it haha!


Main kit leftover

Murray Hill leftover

Kris Kringle leftover

A LAYOUT | For this layout, I started with a color neutral photo that I wanted to scrap, and after trying a handful of papers, I decided on the solid pink background. I should've misted it first, but didn't think of that till after I adhered everything, so I went back with white pen to draw in some ink spots. I loved the semi-circles idea from this layout by Maggie Holmes and used it to sort of break up the hard line across the page.


NEXT UP | Block Party from 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment