Monday, July 4, 2011

A Scrapbook Layout!

Happy 4th of July, happy birthday USA!!

OK, I've had like 2 seconds in the past 5 days to throw together a scrapbook page layout before I went insane from not scrapbooking with all the time off from work! So I finally started a new album for 2011, kicking off the scrapbook with pics from our trip to Syracuse, NY to see the Orangemen play on New Years Day! We are hoping to start a tradition and go see them every New Years!


Most of this layout came together with the Primary Basketball Additions from Creative Memories, so it was quick and easy and while it's not my most labor-intensive layout, I'm happy with how it came out.


HOW-TO:
  • The main 2 pieces of paper, title sticker and basketball hoop sticker were all from the Basketball Additions from Creative Memories
  • For the left side, I tried to use the Fiskars notebook punch to create a notebook looking page and border
  • The stars were made using the Creative Memories Embossed Star punch
  • For right side, I used Inkessentials Craft Tags to create ticket-like tags
  • The basketball dude was cut at 5" using the Sports Mania Cricut cartridge


I didn't leave much room for journaling, so a couple things I will just add here:
* I love foam fingers and food, so I got one and a ton, respectively
* My husband Chris, will probably want to kill me for showing that close-up pic of his face, but I love it
* Along with seeing familiar players from last season up close (Scoop Jardine, Kris Joseph, Rick Jackson...), it was really cool to see Jim Boeheim!

No comments:

Post a Comment