Saturday, July 9, 2011

Similar but different... thank you card!

This is a great example of making use of leftover scraps to turn it into something new! This is a thank you card for my mom's friend who threw me a beautiful bridal shower recently!


I had a small square of this beautiful butterfly paper from another card, which was just enough to use to back the entire front of this card. Instead of just having one block of paper, I trimmed off a bit, then punched a border into it, and used a mini stapler to sort of decorate the edge.


Of course, halfway through stapling the border together, I ran out of staples! Luckily my husband understood the emergency and took me right away to AC Moore to get refills, and while I was there I happened to find those cute little fabric flowers! What luck! The stickpins were from the corsage that I was given to wear at my shower, so it was the perfect personal touch for this card - and of course unplanned!

HOW-TO:
  • Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 6x8.5" and folded in half, then cut a piece of Fly By paper from Studio Calico to 4x5.5", then a strip off that around 3/4" in
  • Punch the extra 3/4" strip with Fiskars border punch and staple using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
  • The fabric flowers are Prima flowers
  • The chipboard letters are by The Girls' Paperie

No comments:

Post a Comment