Friday, July 15, 2011

4 Wheelin'

OK, I take that back about that Jurassic Park layout being my favorite... this 4 wheelin' scrapbook layout is my newest favorite! I got the inspiration and start for my layout from this layout: A Cowtown Birthday by Emily Pitts.


After I found the inspiration, the paper and pictures sat out on my table for the past few days as I contemplated and re-contemplated how much of the layout I would lift (<-"lift" is the scrapbooker's softer way to say, "copy" hehe). Finally, tonight I just decided if I didn't just start cutting up some paper, I would NEVER get started! I guess it is scary for me to get right in there and start cutting up beautiful paper, so I just had to do it!






This left side came together fairly quickly once I got the black strips cut properly (I am left with quite a few practice strips that weren't straight enough so they now reside in the garbage).

I also lifted from my own last layout, and after I couldn't figure out how to incorporate one more picture to get that closeup one of the four wheeler, I took out my Exacto knife again, cut around it, and popped it up for another 3D picture embellishment - this might end up being a signature strategy I will employ more often...


Lastly I knew that I wanted to add those little sprockets from Tim Holtz! I've been dying to use those for awhile now, so used those with some old school punched circles... wow I've been scrapping for awhile now to be using the term "old school" for a scrapbook technique haha!


HOW-TO:
  • Pretty much everything except the sprockets and letter stickers are from the July kit, "Mind the Gap" by Studio Calico
  • The main patterned paper is "London Calling" and the brown circle pattern paper is from American Crafts with the orangish-blue border being part of the same paper, but was at the bottom that you tear off, so I used it since I cannot possibly let that go to waste!
  • The punched strip of yellowish paper was another bottom tear off strip on a piece of Sassafras paper
  • This time I remembered not to adhere all the paper before deciding if there were things I was going to want to add... so the Bazzill Kraft cardstock was distressed using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink first, which is a LOT easier than waiting till it's already adhered down!
  • I cut the black Bazzill paper using the Postage Stamp blade from Creative Memories
  • Like I said, the sprockets were from Tim Holtz and since I'm only left with one, I will need to re-stock (and also force my husband to go four wheeling again, this time in like the summer or something haha)!
  • The circles were punched with the circle and mini circle makers by Creative Memories and the letter stickers were the Swirly alphabet also from CM

No comments:

Post a Comment