Thursday, June 30, 2011

Graduation card 2

This time the card is for my cousin, Joey, so it was a little harder for me not to make it too girly/crafty for an 18 year old boy-man, but it was husband-approved so this is it:


Basically I used the same papers I had rolled up for the graduation scrolls card to create a small pattern as the main portion of this card. After I had adhered each of these postage stamp cuts, I realized it majorly needed contrast because it was starting to look bland. Even though I know the papers are not bland themselves, on the Kraft cardstock they looked a bit dull. So I knew I needed some black in there, and decided on the same black photo corners I've used previously, along with some black writing and black letter stickers - I think it came out pretty nicely! I glossed over the red part of the apple in the center, so it's a bit shinier than the rest of the card too.


HOW-TO:
  • Using Creative Memories Postage Stamp Punch, I punched out 9 shapes from Studio Calico's Elementary paper and adhered centrally on the card
  • Lifted up the 4 corner pieces and added black photo corners
  • Using my favorite scrapbooking pen, PIGMA Micron 005 black (this one has 0.20mm line width so you can write the tiniest ever), I wrote "Congratulations" around the edge of the pattern
  • I carefully applied Inkessentials Glossy Accents to just the red portion of the apple in the middle, being careful to cover it completely but not outside the lines (I let this dry overnight instead of trying to heat it because sometimes the heat causes it to bubble up and then you can't get rid of the bubbles in there)
  • Finally, I used Creative Memories Black Swirly letter stickers at the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment