Friday, July 8, 2011

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

OK, this might be my best scrapbook layout I've ever done... at least in recent memory, but I can't really take credit for it, since probably 45% I can contribute to scraplifting the idea, and 45% is due to just having some great supplies delivered to my house today... therefore I will take 100% credit for 10% of this layout!


I started with the left side this time, after having stumbled across a digital scrapbook layout here called "Walking With Dinosaurs" by Jennifer Wight (here's a picture of just the page layout by itself). Since I didn't have the ability to move or crop images so perfectly the way that is done there, I had to whip out my Exacto knife and try to crop them myself!


The picture of the T-Rex on the right side was an actual picture I took while at the museum, and using said knife, cropped that myself as well! Wow, such primitive scrapbooking methods... The wood frames were part of the order I received and just matched so well, I had to use them right away!


OK, so the bamboo was an afterthought, so that took a bit longer to add, since I couldn't rip up the map to get it behind there, I had to cut again by hand. Unfortunately, a lot of times there are things I see that I would've liked to do differently or add only AFTER I've already adhered/cut everything no matter how much I try to draw out and plan a layout... oh well, I'm still very happy with this one!

HOW-TO:
  • Main patterned paper used is Run-of-the-Mill by Studio Calico (from this month's kit: Mind the Gap)
  • Cut the map from the Life's a Party Cricut Cartridge at 10.5" using Creative Memories French Vanilla paper and distressed using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink and popped it up
  • Wood frames are also from Studio Calico
  • Popped up the cut out picture of the T-Rex, and it really looks 3-D
  • Jurassic Park letters were cut at 1.8" off the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge on Bazzill paper, but in hindsight I wish I had chosen more of dark wood-looking paper to match the overall jungle-like theme
  • Bamboo was cut from the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge at 10.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment