Monday, May 4, 2015

Simple Scrapper CT May Layouts

Happy Monday after National Scrapbook Day, hope you had a nice "holiday" and weekend! In case you want to continue the crafty fun, this month's membership materials are up and ready over at Simple Scrapper and they really got my brain a nice creative workout this month! For this first layout I used one of the new sketch templates posted this month (every month there are 5 new ones), and one thing about this month's that stood out were there was lots of room to journal. I realized I would definitely need a place to record this story about how Natalie had a temper tantrum in the middle of Belle's performance at Magic Kingdom and we had to make a quick exit... and it was pouring rain when we got outside etc etc... let's just say it was CRAZY and probably the craziest public spectacle I've been a part of since I was a kid myself... I think!


Anyway, for this next layout, I started with a Story Starter, for which the theme this month was "leisure time". I love the different types of layouts I get when I start with a story in mind versus my pictures. After I decided on my story or basic idea of one, I found some pictures, all of them were me doing various work at my scrap table in the basement haha! I ended up telling a different story after collecting the pictures and realizing that I tend to have company when I do my work - in the form of Jesus, Chris, or Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men haha! I used an older sketch template to complete the layout, which made it super fast to come up with the design and layout.


Next up, let's talk about the latest (and FREE) event over at Simple Scrapper!


The membership at Simple Scrapper offers tools and support to help you enjoy scrapbooking more – to use the supplies you have, tell your stories, and have some fun among like-minded friends. The best way to experience our community for yourself is at the upcoming Photo Crush event. During this 7-day challenge, Jennifer Wilson will help you streamline your photo library so that memory keeping is even easier.

Click here to sign up for FREE.

Let me repeat myself, it was what they were ORDERED to do! OK I've been watching too much A Few Good Men on repeat lately. I meant, that last part - Jennifer Wilson will help you streamline your photo library so that memory keeping is even easier! I definitely will be participating in this event right alongside you guys, so I am excited to take hold of my photo library, which is just out of control right now, oh and it's free, which is super generous of her! The event runs next week, May 11-17th, so hope to see you there!

P.S. If you're on Instagram, don't forget to check out my Instagram feed and also feel free to tag #SimpleScrapper and for the Photo Crush event, use #SSPhotoCrush :)


The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

3 comments:

  1. The sketches were awesome this month (as always). Love how you interpreted that first one. I so admire how you share your 'not so good' stories along with the happy ones, it's refreshing to see someone bringing realness to their pages. And gold doily for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Alexa! I think it'll be "fun" to remember both the good and the not-so-good someday, especially AFTER the fact, and since no one got hurt in the making of that page haha! I will say, when I tell people the story in real life, I always mention how my husband and I got into a bit of a fight in the middle of it, because that's real life too, and it's funny!! I just wish I had had more room to include that part of the story too :)

      Delete
  2. I just love the theme this month. Your free time layout is awesome! Love that pic of your husband sleeping. We have a pass through from the living room to the office where I work so I also feel like my husband is with me while I work. =)

    ReplyDelete