Monday, May 26, 2014

New Baby cards!

While my passion isn't making cards, I enjoy making cards for new babies because I can always center it around the baby's name - and that has so much meaning for all moms (and dads)! So here are a couple of new baby cards I've made recently - one for a boy and one for a girl :)

This first one was made for a girl (obviously) and I wanted to include her middle name because it has extra special meaning to her parent's. I really wanted her name to stand out, so I was thinking I wanted to use my brush script technique to do so.


To make it stand out more, I first wrote "Jesus loves" over and over again on the background. It was actually a blessing to write this and just think about that phrase - Jesus loves, over and over again! Then I painted on top with jet black goache paint. I had taken Kal Barteski's Life Scripted class at Studio Calico a few months ago. This wasn't my best version of her name, but I only had one shot at the final product!




For this next card, it ended up taking about 15 minutes to do! I chose those letter thickers from Amy Tangerine's Plus One collection (a collaboration with Kal Barteski as well) and then decided to use papers from the same collection. When I opened my 6x6 pad of paper, I saw that I had leftover cut out pieces from this layout I created back in January and the lightbulb went off!


I adhered the papers coming off the card at an angle, then just trimmed the excess. I also had some leftover black stars from the Cuppa kit by Studio Calico laying out on my table and decided those would go perfectly and "sprinkled" them and adhered them (almost) wherever they landed. Quick and easy and the only people that would know I borrowed the design from a previous layout are you readers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment