Sunday, May 18, 2014

Easter Dress

OK so as a Christ-follower, it seems silly to make this layout about a silly dress! Easter is the celebration of Christ's resurrection from the dead, and the forgiveness of all our sins so we can one day be in God's holy presence and spend eternity with Him! But I digress... the title was going to be "Happy Easter" except the way my letter stickers happened to work out... oh well!


I didn't know what to do with this layout and now that I've been using so many sketches and sketch templates, I have become accustomed to having instant inspiration and just digging right in instead of humming and hawing over what I should do and where I should begin. So for this one I decided just to print my one photo and then search for possibly an older sketch template at SimpleScrapper.com to match what I had - 1 vertical 4x6 photo. I didn't have to go far because of the way Simple Scrapper is arranged - you can sort by number of photos or sizes of photos etc. I found a template from March 2013 (even though I've only been a member for a couple months, you get access to the archives). So I went to work!


The older sketch template came with a separate pdf of inspiration layouts based on the sketch - and what I loved about Jennifer Wilson's layout was her tip to use pop dots to add dimension to the paper layers! I used a mix of papers from this month's Camelot kit by Studio Calico, and last month's Bluegrass Farm kit! I found a 3x4 stitched card from the Printshop collection by Shanna Noel for Studio Calico that matched perfectly and used Amy Tangerine thickers for the title, and BasicGrey for the smaller part of the title. It was another mix of elements, loving this way of making layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment