Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello.

Sometimes it's fun to get out the nice camera and change the angle of your photos... this was fun to do with Natalie, because her cheeks and double chins are so cute and emphasized with this angle!


I was planning to use the first sketch from Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class going on right now at Studio Calico, so I printed my photo 5x7 and was going to center it more and add layers underneath it. But instead I got inspired by Maggie Massey's take on the sketch and moved my photo to the very edge (top) of the page.


From there I decided I really wanted to use that pretty pink tulle that came in this month's Camelot kit by Studio Calico, so I added some light adhesive and laid it down then sewed over it with gold thread. I added strips down the page and then embellished a little on top - super easy and this came together all during Natalie's morning nap, another 2 hour nap yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment