Monday, May 26, 2014

That Clock!

I didn't have any plans to go back and scrap these pics of me in that labor room... but then I took on a challenge issued by Stacy Julian for the Art + Science of Scrapbooking class I'm taking at BigPictureClasses.com, which was to go through my papers until I found one that reminded me of a place or space and scrapbook that. This was going to be extremely difficult for me as I never scrap a place or space and I certainly don't start with a random piece of paper! I opened a random drawer to start and found the Cuppa kit from Studio Calico, with only that clock paper left from it. I thought, does that paper remind me of anything...that's when I thought, hospital... then I thought... THAT CLOCK!! Ahhhh!!


Sure enough I found these pics I made my husband take (haha a true scrapbooker right?) and the funny thing is, he says he doesn't even remember that clock, when that clock is just about all I remember! After 4 hours and 15 minutes of heavy pushing, I guess that clock sort of torments you haha. I started pushing around 1pm and I remember thinking at 5pm that I really hoped my baby would appear before 7pm! It was 31 hours of labor and I was TIRED!


I added my journaling around the border and kept the accents minimal. Oh I finished this layout just now in 20 minutes (after I printed the photos the other day)! Now if only today were Labor Day instead of Memorial Day, it'd really come full circle :)

P.S. Thank you to all who have served and are serving our country!! I am blessed to enjoy so many freedoms in this life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment