Saturday, October 26, 2013

Teenage Boy Birthday Card

I made this card for my sister-in-law's nephew who is turning 16 this year! You'd think that's a tough crowd to make a card for, but last year he loved this karate-themed birthday card I made for him so much I couldn't wait to make him another one - such a good kid!! There are some grown men who don't even notice when I've handmade a card for them, but he noticed and since he didn't open it in front of me, he later thanked me with details of why he loved the card!


Anyway, I thought I'd keep it simple and clean, so I used my Silhouette to cut out the diamond pieces, which were the blank cuts that were meant to coordinate with the Cotton Candy stamp set I purchased from Studio Calico last month! I love being able to buy the blank cuts that go with the stamps, then you don't have to cut them out by hand and makes life so much easier haha!


I thought about using different colored stamp pads to stamp with, but decided it would just look cleaner with simple black and white. When Chris got home from work the other day when I finished it (and that's when I setup my scrapbook layouts or cards out on the table for him to see/admire hehe), he immediately said he loved it - I love when he truly loves something I've made, because he'll go, "That's so awesome, don't you love it!?" because he's so thoughtful and wants to make sure I love it too! Haha, OK enough with the love fest, but seriously I hope Stewart loves this card as much as last year's card!

No comments:

Post a Comment