Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wedding card

This is a bit of an atypical wedding card for my friends, but when I went hunting for a stamp sentiment I could use, I came up short with a "Happy Wedding" stamp and decided to go with the "Enjoy the ride" theme! It was also high time I dug into the latest Studio Calico kit, City of Lights... perfect!


The inspiration came from the 5th sketch in the Sketchbook 4 online class with Kelly Purkey! I usually don't scrap diagonally, so I've gotta work up to doing a full 12x12 page layout for this one - the card was the perfect starting point though!



HOW-TO:
  • I used the City of Lights kit from Studio Calico, with the main paper an SC exclusive called "Lady Bike"
  • The paper has straight lines of bikes across one side, so I cut them along the lines and then placed them diagonally across the back of the same paper and cut off the ends along the edges
  • I embossed the SC Enjoy the Ride stamp onto a scroll frame journal tag by Maya Road, and the 2 pins are Vintage Craft tag pins also by Maya Road - I was def glad the tag and the pins were from the same company because sometimes different colored kraft can look funky
  • The only thing I didn't use from the City of Lights kit were the 2 heart stickers from the Amy Tangerine line for American Crafts
  • Of course, the foam letter stickers are green Eric thickers by American Crafts as well
  • I knew I needed one other thing to tie it together, and that Aqua Airmail Washi Tape by Freckled Fawn was just perfect - I just love how parts of it are semi-transparent!
  • I corner punched the main piece of paper to soften the look and finish it off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment