Thursday, April 5, 2012

Star Wars

Last October, we went to our cousin Max's Bar Mitzvah in Atlanta, which was Star Wars themed and so much fun! The layout for the page is based of the 2nd sketch from the Sketchbook 4 class with Kelly Purkey! So far so good, I am keeping up like a good little student... which is sure to fall apart in a couple weeks when we're on vacation but oh well :)


This was the next set of pics I was scrapping, and the sketch ended up going along perfectly with them! I never would've tried this layout without it, especially since it required punching from some really awesome paper... but what the heck else am I gonna use it for! This is my 9th layout with the Story Hour kit from Studio Calico!


HOW-TO:
  • I used the Story Hour kit by Studio Calico and am really loving this kit!
  • The dark outline background paper, the reddish-orange paper and the non-card stock used for the stars, are all from the Storyteller collection by Crate Paper
  • The stars were all punched using the Creative Memories mini star punch - I def had to dust this off a bit, but still worked great!
  • I cut a piece of paper from the Chap collection by American Crafts to 11"x11" and built on top of that - first by adding the photo of me and my sister-in-law to the very bottom edge of the paper. Then I added some printed journaling on Kraft (2.5"x4") and another piece of paper also cut to 2.5"x4".
  • I added the leftover strip from the bottom of the American Crafts paper as a border, and then the Kraft star border from My Mind's Eye on top of that! I trimmed these to fit within the 11" width, then corner punched that main piece of paper so the frame looked a bit like a photo frame (a la Instagram)!
  • The glittery letter stickers are Sunrise Thickers by American Crafts
  • Finally I matted the photo of the table center piece in a shiny gold card stock I had bought at JoAnn's

No comments:

Post a Comment