Friday, April 6, 2012

Card for Sammy

Well we've come full circle here at my blog - my very first post last June was a card for our cousin Sammmy's mother, for her baby shower (after Sammy was born)! And now here's the card for his 1st birthday tomorrow! I got the photo of him from the front of the invitation, that's prob the best part about people moving to photo cards for invitatinos - automatic material for the card for the event! And one thing I've learned about making cards for parents (especially recently-made parents), is whenever you include a picture of their kid on it, they just go nuts and LOVE it! :)


Yesterday a lovely box from TwoPeasInABucket.com arrived containing the much anticipated Sketchbook line from Amy Tan(gerine) with American Crafts! I just had to use it for the first thing I made today on my day off for Good Friday! Today's 3rd sketch for the Sketchbook 4 class with Kelly Purkey paired well with this card I needed to make. I'm excited to also get going on a layout now that the card is finished!



HOW-TO:
  • After seeing the sketch I pulled 3 sheets of paper from the Sketchbook 6x6 paper pad by American Crafts
  • I cut the outer 2 strips to 2"x4" and the middle piece I knew would have the picture, to 2.75"x4".
  • The yellow strip of paper is card stock from Creative Memories, but it wasn't standing out much - except I didn't want a patterned paper there, so I just took a black marker and outlined it to make it match the sketchy feel of the rest of the line
  • Originally I stamped a "Happy Birthday" sentiment in black in the upper left corner, but the font didn't really match and it looked a bit plain, until I covered it and with the "Spread the Love" bit from the Sketchbook bits, and popped it up
  • The letter stickers are the black Journal foam thickers also from the Sketchbook line - I just love those, I will probably be getting more soon if I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment