Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family

This layout came together pretty quickly because I had new inspiration from the Sketchbook 4 online class I'm taking from Kelly Purkey with Studio Calico! So I decided just to continue with the next picture in my set of pictures I'm scrapping now - and decided this photo of my new cousins (from my husband's side of the family), my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and me deserved it's own page!


I decided to finally put to use February's Daydream Believer kit from Studio Calico for this one, plus a few extra of the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line by American Crafts! Hoping to keep up this momentum from the class this month!



HOW-TO:
  • The "backest" background paper is Hazy Horizon from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection by American Crafts, as is that greenish square behind the photo - that is the exact piece I cut out of the back after I decided I would be covering such a huge space in the middle anyway!
  • The brown woodgrain paper with hearts is Love Letter from Studio Calico, as is the paper used to punch out the hearts - that is the other side! I really got full use out of the few papers I did use!
  • The grayish paper with white polka dots is Sea Breeze, also from the Dear Lizzy collection - I cut that to about 3.5"x11"
  • I punched out the hearts with the Sweetheart maker from Creative Memories
  • Those foam thickers that I can't get enough of, the "cheerful day" rub-on, and the cut out images from paper are all also from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection by American Crafts!
  • The washi tape is from the Amy Tangerine collection by American Crafts

Side note: I owe a bit of thanks to my husband, for patiently answering my 500 questions for this layout - should I use these stickers? How should I arrange this? Does this look complete to you? and so on... I am just a terrible decision maker! Oh and it was during the NCAA basketball championship game that I completed this layout, so it was extra nice of him to answer my questions while I interrupted his game-watching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment