Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Funny Girl

ABOUT THE PHOTOS:
Just some quick snapshots I took of me and Natalie playing (the same day as the last layout at 9 months old)... she was being funny sticking her tongue out whenever I did and just being her silly self (when she's not hungry or ready for a nap of course)!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
I used a sketch template from this month from the Simple Scrapper. If you are a premium member of SimpleScrapper.com, you get 5 new sketch templates each month plus access to download all the archived ones! I am definitely getting my money's worth from the membership - I save lots of time trying to plan out my layouts and can get right to work and lately I've been able to start and finish a layout in under 2 hours!


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I dug a little more into the latest Studio Calico kit, Penny Arcade, except for the background piece of paper was a lighter blue from a previous kit. I used the 4x6 add-on pad of paper to get the pieces for layering so I didn't have to cut into my 12x12 sheets yet. This definitely helped me go for this layout without hesitation. Sometimes if a layout I want to do needs lots of smaller pieces of paper, I will wait towards "the end" of the kit, but this let me not worry about that! This isn't my favorite layout, but I really like the way it looks next to my previous layout in my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment