Thursday, July 31, 2014

You & Me

ABOUT THE PHOTO(S):
I finally got around to scrapping these photos from December! I had printed them out but ended up blowing up the one of me and Natalie to use in a single layout, so didn't have a place for these. I decided these will go in Chris' album instead, which is why I haven't worked on them till now - because I usually try to stay up to date on Natalie's album as my priority (sorry Chris)!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
Anyway, I finally got a chance to participate in a @Society52 challenge on Instagram! It is run by Sarah Bargo and Maggie Massey (a Studio Calico Creative Team member) - they post 1 challenge every Monday and a new spin on it every Thursday! This week's challenge was to use NO patterned paper, aaahhh!! And the spin was to add some black to it!


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I sort of cheated since I didn't start the layout till today during Natalie's nap time. I started and finished this layout across 2 of her naps, so it took me about an hour and 15 minutes - super fast! But I had already decided I wanted to do a grid and use the Printshop collection by Shanna Noel at Studio Calico, so I had a good head start. I did a very quick splash of Mister Huey's spray mist in Passport, dabbed dry, then I sewed in some lines an inch apart and filled the spaces. Originally I was going to place a title above the square photo, but went outside my comfort zone to make the "You & Me" vellum piece work as my title!

No comments:

Post a Comment