Monday, August 26, 2013

Introducing my daughter Natalie!!

Wow, what a whirlwind the last 12 days have been, 12 days ago I started going into labor and 11 days ago my daughter arrived - all 7lbs 15oz of her, Natalie Jordan! By day 2 till about day 7, I thought, I will NEVER EVER have time to scrapbook again! (Chris also thought this about taking bike rides.) But day 9 came and just to feel normal again, I ventured into my space while Natalie napped and Chris biked, and I scrapped my first page of my daughter - something I've always wanted to do, even before we decided to have any children! It felt great, and then yesterday I scrapped another layout - and today here I am posting them... just have to be better with your time!


Onto this first layout, I had some memorabilia from the hospital - her little footprints as well as our hospital bands. I put this together really quickly, because I was so scared she was going to wake up and I'd not get another chance to scrap for awhile! I used the Marks & Co. kit from Studio Calico and stamped and embossed in silver.


The only part that didn't come in the kit were the Journal letter thickers from Amy Tan's sketchbook line. The long white letters filled that space perfectly!




For this next layout, I wanted to complete the other side with a couple more from the same group of pictures - my little one getting weighed and measured and cleaned off. She was so good for them, and didn't fuss or cry after that initial cry out the gate. That seems to be her personality so far too, she's not fussy and only cries if she's hungry. She's so amazing!


OK so anyway, I got the layout idea from Challenge 7 of the Stashbusters Anonymous class I signed up for at Big Picture Classes with Aly Dosdall. I cut the letter background at the top with my Silhouette - purchased from the Silhouette store.


I used paper from the Marks & Co. kit again but added in paper and embellishments from Amy Tan's Yes, Please line.


Some simple and quick layouts but I am excited to get a good start on Natalie's baby album!

No comments:

Post a Comment