Tuesday, August 6, 2013

German Lunch

Yesterday, I didn't do anything productive all day long except catch up on some napping, so when I went to scrapbook after 4pm, I wasn't expecting to actually complete a layout, but that's what I ended up doing!! This was one of my faster layouts (about 2hrs total) and can I tell you how much more I love when the layouts are super fast!? I was able to get this done by using this free video of Noell Hyman's flexible templates (from Paperclipping.com) after Shimelle Laine posted this challenge to use Noell's template, after she was a guest on the Paperclipping podcast, the Paperclipping Roundtable! Catch all that!?


Chris and I took a mid-pregnancy (I was about 29 weeks along) road trip to Canandaigua and Naples, NY! Of course Chris did his homework beforehand and found us this awesome little German restaurant where we could stop for lunch in Canandaigua! The food was sooo good! I had a Schnitzel sandwich and Chris had the Double Brats! The decor in there was so cute and the waitresses were all dressed in German outfits. So random, but so fun!


Anyway, I was scared of not having "enough" supplies to choose from if I used this last month's Studio Calico kit again (Valley High) because I only bought one add-on kit this time... but it worked out perfectly - I decided not to have qualms about grabbing anything extra from other kits/supplies, so it came together really quickly and I didn't lack for supplies!


After I chose the papers and cut them, I wanted to add another paper border strip under the photos, but ended up making a border from those October Afternoon label stickers! Love how that turned out, and I also grabbed some much older letter Thickers for the main part of the title. Quick and easy and finished by the time Chris got home from the gym, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment