Monday, August 12, 2013

Pie Perfection

OK, this is the last of the Naples/Canandaigua trip, and the actual reason we decided to make this trip in the first place - Monica's Pies!! Chris had heard about this place, famous for her (concord) grape pies and even having been featured on the Food Network before! So we packed a cooler and took home a grape pie... except, it was so delicious, we ended up driving the hour and a half back the following weekend just to pick up 2 more pies, this time the frozen ones, to have for dessert with my out of town family after my baby shower! It was the perfect dessert to share with them!


This layout isn't my favorite... I guess I tend to really like layouts that look nice but come together quickly. It took me awhile to make the pie charts, and in the end I think it would've looked better on a different layout with more contrasting papers and brighter patterns, but oh well! I made the pie charts using this tutorial by Nicole Nowosad! Her method made it pretty simple to make them.


I knew I wanted different colored labels for the pie flavors so I made my own custom labels by typing them on my typewriter, cutting them out into rectangles, putting the corners to the edge of my circle punch, inking the outer edges with Hero Arts ink, and then using a pen to draw the inner line!


I used papers from the Marks & Co Studio Calico kit and embellishments from past kits. My due date is this Saturday, so let's see how many more layouts I get done before our daughter is born!!

No comments:

Post a Comment