Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fireworks!

So we took another road trip in June, this time a straight shot down to Pennsylvania to get some fireworks for Independence Day! We got up really early and left so we could get there by the time they opened, around 9am. We bought a ton of stuff (neighborhood-friendly) at Sky King, but the best part was on the way home Chris saw a sign for a Bob Evans, so we went there and ate brunch before heading home! We love Bob Evans, or as I used to call it "Bob Bevans" when I was little!


Onto the layout... I signed up for a class over at Big Picture Classes called Stash Busters Anonymous with Aly Dosdall! I used the first challenge to complete this layout, and used some very old paper from over 2 years ago! I used the American Made collection from My Mind's Eye. I also found the corresponding diecut sheet, so used that for a few of the pieces.


Mainly I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the stars from card stock. The cut file I used was from the Cut It Out class offered by Studio Calico, and was a full background pattern of stars, so I only cut part of the file out, then hand cut out the pieces I needed for this layout. The gold glitter thickers by American Crafts were from Studio Calico's March of 2012 kit, Story Hour (I think), the mini red stars were from...? And beyond that I kept it fairly simple since the paper already had such a bold pattern on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment