Friday, August 9, 2013

Love This Place

Another layout from our road/day trip to Canandaigua and Naples, NY - this time we headed to Naples and found this awesome place, the Arbor Hill Grapery & Winery! We ended up hauling home a bunch of wine jellies (amazing!), sparkling grape juice (the best!), sauces, and even some concord grape gummy bears and licorice!


This layout came together quickly again! I got my inspiration this time from this great layout by Amy Tan! I had some random ephemera from Arbor Hill to include, so it was easy to see how that layout could work for what I had too.


The hardest part for me was cutting up that gray chevron type paper backing the stitched "Love" word... I cut into a whole new 12x12 piece of paper just to get that! OK, breathe...


I used the newest kit, Marks & Co. by Studio Calico, except the washi tape was from last month's kit. The main portion I am proud of is the little reddish-orange asterisk at the top! The pack of asterisks only came in blue, gray, and yellow... so I stripped the front off one of the asterisks, then first painted it with white watercolor paint (like a primer, as Chris so nicely pointed out)! Thinking in those terms I could've used some gesso, but the watercolor worked fine. Waited for it to dry, then added that reddish-orange watercolor on top, waited for it to dry. Then I wanted it to look shiny like the others, so I added some glossy accents and let dry! Now it looks like it came just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment