Thursday, August 8, 2013

Scenic Route

UPDATE: This layout made it onto the Studio Calico staff picks video for the month: Click Here to see :)

This was a fun layout to put together, and another fast one for me! This was the next layout on our little road trip to Canandaigua and Naples, NY. After we finished lunch and walking around Canandaigua, we headed to Naples to hit up the Grapery at Arbor Hill and Monica's Pies... a couple more layouts to come!


Yesterday I wanted to scratch out one more layout with last month's Studio Calico kit, Valley High, before my new kit Marks & Co. arrived! I had been "saving" the circles from Pink Paislee, thinking it would go best with some photos of me and Chris, but decided I should just use it... which is what made the layout come together quickly! I cut it into two pieces so the photos could go where I wanted them, and to make it more interesting to the eye.


I gave myself permission again to use items from my supply outside the kit, which worked great - especially those travel wood veneer from Studio Calico! I am really starting to appreciate diecut and sticker labels. I dug that one label from February's Front Row kit!


I didn't want the title too big, since it wasn't all that important, so kept it smaller with those BasicGrey letter stickers. Just love how this layout turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment