Friday, June 17, 2011

SMASH'ed a truck

First of all, if you don't know what a SMASH book is, def watch this video or head to their blog, where they featured my first few pages of my SMASHbook here!

OK, with that out of the way, I'm using my SMASHbook to throw things in that either I don't have enough pictures for a full scrapbook layout OR it doesn't really fit any theme of a particular scrapbook! This little home improvement project (getting a new retaining wall) fits the latter category:


Actually I should say, this was just the delivery of the bricks, but I had to get some pictures because my husband just loves trucks and engines and motors, etc. and I knew he'd ask me to get some pictures anyway (which he did).

SMASHing is so quick and easy, the longest part of putting this together was texting my husband to get the location of the receipt - in the trash! Luckily it was crumpled up and thrown into a new can otherwise I would not go fishing in garbage, yuck!

HOW-TO:
  • Gather everything you want to SMASH
  • The only extras I added were the old truck stamp at the bottom left (Tim Holtz stamp and Stampendous embossing powder) and the tag was from the Hopscotch Tag Pad by K&Company
  • I used my Canon Selphy CP800 to print the pictures, one full 4x6 and the other added 8 pics to one print (love this feature!)
  • The rest of the stuff on there, the tab, "makes me happy" sticky, "inspires me" clip, dotted tape are all part of the SMASH line from EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment