Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Easy Bow

Idea lifted/altered from: this Pink Paislee blog entry

You can see the detailed pictures from that blog, but since she used a Cricut cartridge that I didn't have, I substituted it with a Fiskars border punch and used old Creative Memories double-sided paper (Rockin' Rainbow).


The original bow on the other blog looks better than mine, but this was my first bow, so hopefully I'll improve it as I go. This is great for me though, because now I don't have to run out to the store every time I have a present to wrap AND I get to use lots of old paper that's been laying around!

HOW-TO:
  • The most important step was to punch the border first because you want your pieces to be 1" thick including the punched area (when I first cut the 1" strips, then punched, they were much smaller than an inch)
  • Cut 5 of these 1" x 9" strips, and cut them all in half (to make them 4.5" long)
  • Fold and adhere at the ends with a strong adhesive (I used Zots), then adhered 4 at the middle, and then 4 more around those
  • I taped together the last two strips to have a border on each side, and folded and actually used the Tim Holtz mini stapler to hold it together then tape to the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment