Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby boy card

This is a card I made for my cousin's baby shower (this came after he was already born and given a name).


Idea lifted/altered from: I got the basic idea from the June issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine (page 87) called "I Want To Remember" by Patricia Kumfer

HOW-TO:
  • The tape of numbers that run behind the tag are Tim Holtz Marketplace Tissue Tape
  • The tag was punched using the Creative Memories tag maker, and the star was also from Creative Memories punch, on Bazzill dotted swiss paper
  • The "folder" was cut using the From My Kitchen cartridge on the Cricut
  • I used the EK Success border punch for the notebook looking border, from a page ripped from my drawing pad and chalked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (colors: Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint)
  • I copied an embellishment I had from October Afternoon's 5 and dime miscellany pack, to create the printed sentiment at the bottom; so I printed this on my own printer using the Editor font at 9pt
  • The circle border at the bottom was done with an EK Success punch, but layered a piece of Chiffon Vellum on top of that from Creative Memories
  • The silver ball border on top of the vellum was a rub-on from Hambly Screen Prints
  • The tickets were from Tim Holtz and the letter stickers I found at Target are K&Company Animal Tales Pillow Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment