Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yet another card!

This is a special thank you card that didn't really have a theme so I just made it cheerful-y.


I had been dying to use the Studio Calico paper from May's Lawn Party kit, so finally indulged myself and started hacking away at it haha! I wasn't like wowed by this card, until I showed my husband and he was more excited about it than I was (yes, we are still newlyweds and still in honeymoon phase), so now he has convinced me that I love it too :)

Here is a close-up of the little popped up flowers and butterflies and single dragonfly:


HOW-TO:
  • Cut the butterfly paper from Studio Calico, I think it's called "Fly Away," at 6.5x4.5" then cut that in "half" except I cut it so the top piece is 3.5" and the bottom piece, which is just the same paper flipped over to show the polkadot pattern on the back, is 3"
  • The white trim was actually a "mistake" as I was doing a test cut on a piece of white cardstock - I had used the Postage Stamp blade from Creative Memories on one side and a Fiskars border punch on the other and loved how it looked so I just used that
  • The rest of the punches are all from Creative Memories as well - the Blossom Place 'n Punch, butterfly pocket punch and dragonfly pocket punch
  • I used white and Bazzill Kraft cardstock to first punch 4 blossoms, then adhere the opposite color bug, and glued another bug on top just at the middle, after shaping around my rounded pencil to get them to lift at the edges (p.s. I have def seen this technique used on other layouts and blogs, but don't have a specific link on hand since I just stored it my memory for later use)
  • Popped up the blossoms and added Chipboard Alpha letters from Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment