Sunday, June 19, 2011

Baptism Baby card


I made this card for our friend's daughter Samantha's baptism. Unfortunately, the pink letters in the name on the banner seem to blend into the banner background a bit too much... perhaps I'll go back and try to darken them with some chalking or something.


Here are some side shots to see the 3-d-ness of this card!


HOW-TO:
  • I used a Martha Stewart Around the Page punch on a 5x6.75" piece of paper cut from the Girls' Paperie patterned paper
  • I cut the banner pieces on the Cricut using the Birthday Bash cartridge, cutting at relative size 1.1" from Chiffon Vellum, and the leftover back side of the same patterned paper
  • I had to punch bigger holes into the banner pieces, so I used my Fiskars 1/4" punch then threaded generic twine through each piece and squished them together so they'd all fit
  • I used two flower brads from Pebbles and wrapped the ends of the twine around them tightly
  • The pink chipboard letters are also from the Girls' Paperie and the other chipboard letters that say "God Bless" are from Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment