Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bottle Babies

ABOUT THE PHOTO(S):
Natalie and her friend NEVER took bottles as babies, and yet now that they are "older" and saw their baby friend taking a bottle OF COURSE they had to have one too! They were making us laugh so hard walking around and tipping back their bottles!!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
I was going to start this layout completely differently, based on a sketch template from the Simple Scrapper, but I ended up changing it up after I really wanted to use that piece of paper from this month's The Underground kit by Studio Calico. So really that piece of paper is what drove the design.


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I cut along the parts of the paper where a "folder" would open and added lots of bits from Maggie Holmes' vellum die cuts. I used white Gouache paint (think: thick watercolor paint) to brush over the words on the book paper so I could use that space for journaling. It looks a bit messier than I would've liked but I didn't feel like getting out my paint stuff again (think: lazy). It's sort of a mishmash of supplies but a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment