Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Two Become One - Wedding Scrapbook Layout

We didn't have very good pics from the wedding ceremony of our friends' wedding, so I printed out the same photo twice, with one of them zoomed in a little closer and printed them small. This layout though sat on my table for longer than usual because 1. I was stumped on the papers to use (the pictures gave off a mostly purple color, which seems to be a rare color these days for scrapbooking supplies), and 2. I've been so tired this last trimester, that even just the thought of sitting at my scrap table makes me feel like taking a nap! I guess I will blame it on the 3rd trimester while I can!


A scrapbook gift came to me before I had any papers picked out - in the form of Studio Calico's latest kit, Valley High! Wow, they actually had some of the deep magenta colors, that came about as close to the colors in my photo as I could get! The papers also had some pink, so now I could use pink, tied together with the colors from the other paper at the top! So I sewed a big chunk at the top, along with the colored card stock underneath!


After I finished sewing the papers, that's when this layout sat on my table for quite awhile. I sort of got stuck how to get the pictures to not feel like they were floating around in the rest of the space. I added some layers and after that, tried to make them not float by adding sequins in an off-center diagonal from top to bottom, cutting through the pictures to keep your eye focused...


Anyway, the final touch was cutting out the 1 from my Silhouette - and then I remembered the small stash of POW Glitter paper I have and found that "Blush" color went perfectly! I added a couple more pieces to balance it out and decided it was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment