Monday, July 1, 2013

Some birthday cards!

I had a couple birthday cards to make, so for this first one I played with some Tim Holtz inks mixed with water over an embossed map image:


I stamped the sentiment with stamps by Studio Calico and cut it out, then popped it up and added some neon sequins... simple, quick, and easy!




This one was a fun ONE for my nephew's first birthday! I lined up a number 1 on my Silhouette to cut in the middle of one half of a 10"x7" piece of card stock that I could later fold into a 5"x7" card.


Once I had the card folded, I outlined the "1" lightly in pencil onto the inside of the card and just began pulling out all my brads, buttons, enamel dots etc. in blues, teals, and grays!


Basically I just filled it all in and attached all of them, then used separate "Happy" and "Birthday" stamps and bent them onto my acrylic block to fit neatly around the one!


I liked the clean look of the card, so called it done and wrote on the inside front of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment