Friday, July 12, 2013

Best Wishes Card

I made this card for a friend who is moving away... so I wanted it to emanate a nice going away feeling instead of sad or like a "see ya!" type of card. I almost went the route of Bon Voyage, but I feel like that is too "see ya"-like if that makes sense. Luckily I found a small "Best Wishes" sentiment stamp from the Dear Lizzy stamp set by American Crafts to convey the perfect sentiment.


I started with that Adventure Stamp from Studio Calico and stamped it on different sections of the same piece of BasicGrey paper that had different types of tickets in different colors on it. I embossed in black embossing powder and cut them out by hand. I wasn't sure how I wanted to arrange them, but finally settled on this arrangement to leave some space for a sentiment.


I added some washi tape and airmail twine to the side, then after a few botched attempts at stamping my friend Monica's name, and wasn't thrilled with the results, I used the diecut label, also from Studio Calico and added letter stickers by BasicGrey. I cut two little metallic dots from a string of them by Hero Arts and that was it! I was going to add a bunch of other embellishments on top of the squares, but decided it was already busy enough looking and didn't want to bog down the card too much! Have a nice weekend, bon voyage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment