Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Baptism Card

Let me start by saying I accidentally misspelled our cousin's name who was getting baptized - after I photographed the card, I went back and pulled up the banner with "Avery" and re-did it with "Averie" after I saw the correct spelling on the invitation again.


This card took me a few hours! Oh well, I just started by stamping with Martha Stewart doily stamps on watercolor paper and embossing them in white. Then I added some watercolors over/around them, knowing they would resist the water!


Finally I found the Jesus loves you stamp and embossed in gold, and added the gold triangle sequins around it that came in the Roundabout kit from Studio Calico. I wasn't sure how to add her name, so just stamped it and embossed in the same gold and added it as a banner! Quick idea, but the stamping/embossing and water-coloring took a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment