Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th!

This could seriously be the quickest layout from the date the pics were taken to the date they are scrapped! 3 days! My friend Kara and her husband Jon came over and brought along their boys to watch us set off the last of our fireworks and make and eat ice cream sundaes! We had glow necklaces for them and we all just had a great time!




Kara had captured these 2 pics on her phone - one with me and the boys (Chris loves this pic too cause she got the flag in it, as well as our new car in our newly painted garage that he painted the day before) and the other pic is of our husbands, Chris and Jon setting off a roman candle!




I knew I wanted to incorporate those wood veneer stars, but didn't realize how much "trouble" they'd be... after lots of misting and sticking (worked up the courage to try the Elmer's Craft Bond again after messing up last time) I finally got them sort of how I wanted, after finishing them by going over them with my white Signo pen!





HOW-TO:
  • I used the new Elmwood Park kit by Studio Calico, and this is quickly becoming another favorite kit so far!
  • From top to bottom, the papers I used are "Giftwrap" from the Cakewalk collection by October Afternoon cut at 3", "Red and white stripes" a Tim and Beck exclusive for Studio Calico cut at 5", and "Natural" paper from the Genuine collection by Authentique
  • I misted the background with Mister Huey's in Passport (dark blue), Calico White and Calico Shine
  • I used wood veneer stars by Studio Calico that I just "sprinkled" in the general area I wanted over Elmer's Craft Bond, before laying them flat and moving some around
  • The little arrow is from the Buzz Words from the No Limits collection by Heidi Swapp
  • I used the entire pack of red buttons from Queen & Co to make the 4 and embossed the "th" Studio Calico stamps with Rouge Zing embossing powder by American Crafts
  • To make the "Happy" circles, at first I stamped the dotted circles (stamp by Studio Calico) on paper and tried to punch them out (circle punch by Creative Memories), but quickly realized it was a lot easier to punch first then stamp to get it centered properly
  • The letter stamps are from American Crafts, as are the letter stickers for the word July and the brackets

  • Is that all?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment