Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Take a walk on the Boardwalk!

Last night was so much fun! I had my scrapper friend Kara over and we decided to do the "same" layout - well, the same techniques for a layout, but different paper and pics, so they came out looking totally different!




The pics I chose were from our first evening in South Beach, Miami in April. Our hotel was right on the boardwalk and we walked down a bit before catching a quick cab to Lincoln Rd. where a bunch of fun restaurants and shops are! We seriously hit the perfect weather while we were there - low 80's and sunny during the day, upper 70's in the evenings - the following weekend after we got home it rained then became gruelingly hot and humid!




Anyway, so yesterday I stumbled upon this post by Marcy Penner for October Afternoon and decided I would try those chevrons, and figured I could show Kara and we could do them together!




It was the EASIEST way I've seen to make chevrons yet! So first we built the chevrons, then after I had a failed attempt at a circular stamp on Vellum paper, Kara had the idea to use this Hello There stamp directly on the page and emboss it! Then we decided some mist was in order and both misted - she misted her page in white and I misted in gold! That was the extent of our similarities, and we finished our pages in one quick scrappy evening! Wow!





HOW-TO:
  • For quick and easy chevron-building, see Marcy's post here
  • I chose papers from my So Cal kit by Studio Calico
  • The main piece of paper is the back of a busier piece of paper called "Magnetic" from the "A Boy's Life" collection by Echo Park Paper Co
  • The Chevrons used the following papers, from top to bottom: Numbers by Echo Park Paper Co, the back of Tim & Beck exclusive paper, and the back of Chevron by Studio Calico
  • The Hello There stamp is from Studio Calico embossed in Gold from Martha Stewart Crafts
  • Misted in Gold Mister Huey's by Studio Calico
  • I finally broke into the pack of Elf Woodgrain Chipboard Thickers by American Crafts that came in last September's Studio Calico kit, Glee Club - but don't they go perfectly with the word and colors?
  • The little blue letters are from the Pelican remarks stickers from the Shoreline collection by American Crafts - this pack of stickers has little orange letter stickers on the front and those little blue ones on the back!
  • I used the leftover triangles from cutting the Chevrons to fill a little at the bottom and voila: quick, easy, and fun layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment