Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Breathe that sea air

One thing I always seem to forget in the periods of time between beach visits is how awesome the beach smells! As soon as you get to the beach again and smell that sweet sea air, you can't help but smile and relax! Hopefully I conveyed that a bit with this more subdued layout than the last :)


Onto the layout itself, I didn't realize how much I lifted this layout by Brenda till after I went back and started browsing some layouts... oops! I knew I liked the idea of her layout but didn't chose the same papers for the circles intentionally - but I guess I attribute that to my photographic memory! Oh well, what a great layout she had and deserved to be lifted!


I decided to stamp the title in a very subtle color to keep it "calm" looking. I also tried to create small waves and avoid the frustration of having to line up the letter stamps perfectly!



HOW-TO:
  • I mostly used the Elmwood Park kit by Studio Calico for this one
  • Most people have a silhouette to cut those circle patterns... I hate to admit that I spent the time to cut my pattern by hand! I had bought a circle stencil (by Plaid) at AC Moore the other day, and traced it in reverse on the back of that White Woodgrain paper, then spent awhile cutting it with my Fiskars fingertip knife
  • Then I punched circles from an Exclusive Paper by BasicGrey for Studio Calico (yellow), Natural by Authentique (dark blue), and Toasted by BasicGrey and backed them behind the cut out stencil of circles
  • I added all sorts of buttons/badges including - 3 badges from the Abroad line by Studio Calico, Citron "What a Day" buttons from Indie Chic collection by My Mind's Eye, Sunshine "Memories" buttons from the Lost & Found collection by My Mind's Eye, Breeze "Boyish" buttons from the Lost & Found collection by My Mind's Eye, and 1 lone button from the Farmhouse collection by October Afternoon
  • I misted in White Mister Huey's spray mist by Studio Calico before adhering the circles
  • I added Seagull stickers from the Dear Lizzy collection sticker book by American Crafts
  • I stamped the letters from the Roxie stamp set from the Shoreline collection by American Crafts in Soft Pool shadow ink by Hero Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment