Wednesday, July 4, 2012

High Falls

I finally went back and finished a quick layout last night of these pics from our day off in February before the Syracuse basketball game - that's 2 layouts in 2 nights, I'm on a roll! We had stopped at the high falls area, but specifically Chris says these are the upper falls.




This layout came about pretty quickly, which I guess is the result of sticking to one kit (35mm), not trying to plan ahead of time, and letting it just come together. I picked that Heidi Swapp background paper after seeing how well it matched the pic I had of the water power info plaque they had and went from there.




I just started cutting out some of the hexagons from another piece of paper and placing them around the page till I liked how it came out.





HOW-TO:
  • I used May's "35mm" kit by Studio Calico
  • The main background paper is called Schematic from the No Limits collection by Heidi Swapp
  • I used my Fiskars craft knife to cut the big green hexagons from the Hive paper by Studio Calico
  • I misted 2 Mistable Hexagons from Studio Calico in Bluegrass and Applejack Mister Huey's, and filled the others with hexagon die cuts also by Studio Calico
  • I cut a piece of Butter card stock by American Crafts and misted with Bonny Blue Mister Huey's using the Circle Graph mask from Studio Calico before writing on top of it
  • I added the wood button from Prima with some twine by Jillibean Soup
  • Finally, did the letters using Olive & Cream Sticky Keys by October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment