Sunday, July 1, 2012

Joy Ride!

This has been a very random weekend so far! On Friday, we went to look at a Mazda Miata MX-5 (read:convertible) for sale from Craigslist... I can't describe all my feelings about it, but we bought it from this fun couple who had it as their 3rd car and wanted the cash to redo the bathroom! Our luck, she had just posted the car online 2 days before!




So Chris had to get the car insured, which took 2 seconds online (luckily he has a clean record... unlike some people... namely me, but that's an old story for another time) and also had to get new plates and registration at the DMV. We didn't think we'd get there till tomorrow or Tuesday but he forgot the DMV is open the last Saturday of the month - skip forward to yesterday around 10:30am and Chris called saying his dad was coming to pick us up to go get the car at noon!




So basically this is the fastest card I have ever made! I didn't realize that would translate to the messiest scrapbook table I have ever made too! I used a pic I had taken the day before of the new car in their driveway and cropped it to a square and printed on my Canon Selphy CP800. I cut it to a Polaroid frame (I just hate saying that as a daughter of Kodak) but anyway, I quickly picked some fun beachy paper, some cute embellishments and finished it off with a stamp and some twine!





HOW-TO:
  • This is the oldest paper I have used in awhile and it's only from last year's Good Day Sunshine collection by My Mind's Eye called "Beach Huts" (aka sad that I have barely had time to use only new stuff)
  • The Joy Ride embellishment is from the Amy Tangerine bits for American Crafts
  • The cars are transportation wood veneer by Studio Calico
  • The stamp was part of a set in an add-on kit last month also from Studio Calico
  • I "colored" in the sentiment in the speech bubble with my white Uniball Signo pen
  • The twine is from my scrapper friend Heather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment