Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Digitizing my word art

So I've played with word art before but hadn't yet ever printed it out yet. I wanted to use this verse I read yesterday to make a card and figured it would be a good time to try this out! Also I figured it would look better if I shrank the art down and made it tighter. Here's my original verse, painted with goache paint in Jet Black onto drawing paper (this was not even close to my first attempt):

After I got it into digital form (I just used a photo I took of it and edited it in Photoshop Elements 12), I cropped it to 4.25x5.5 inches to fit a card and printed first on white paper (will prob hang this in my scrap space or use as a bookmark) then printed it on patterned paper for a card!

Finally, I made the background transparent with the magic eraser and laid it on top of one of a piece of digital paper from Studio Calico for next month's kit! I changed the color of the brush script and really love how that turned out!

In conclusion it was really fun to do and try! Also as a side note, I took the Life Scripted class with brush script expert Kal Barteski awhile back but ended up using a slightly different technique to come up with this, as I found I want to make it closer to my own handwriting and style!

No comments:

Post a Comment