Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Canal Days

I hope my husband and I never miss the Spencerport Canal Days! We've gone two years in a row now and loved it each time! This past year we walked around the car show part (my husband's favorite part) before we took our bikes off the car rack and rode down the canal about 5 miles out! These pics are from our stop at Adam's Basin.


When we got back, we stowed our bikes against a fence and walked to the fair part of it. We tried fried butter for the first time (my favorite part) and it was amazing, even on a very hot July day! We cooled down with some frozen lemonade before heading home for a shower and a long nap - I think I just described the perfect day in my book!


This layout came about pretty quickly, knowing right away that I wanted to use those two papers from the County Fair kit from Studio Calico - sticking to one kit really makes the paper decision process very quick! Normally choosing the right paper takes me an agonizingly long time, so I can see now it might be easiest to choose in the future, based on a kit instead of thinking about ALL the paper I have in my stash (way too much)!


HOW-TO:
  • The paper around the outside is called "Handpicked" from the Farmhouse collection by Crate Paper and even though I've only slowly been using thin strips of this fairly busy paper, I LOVE it! I wish I had about 5 more sheets of it!
  • The main orange and white striped paper is called "Apple Cider" from the Apple Cheddar Soup collection by Jillibean Soup and surprisingly was the perfect color for my pictures!
  • I used a long stamp across the top from the "Debate Team" add-on kit from September (main kit: Glee Club) by Studio Calico that sort of matched part of that picture with the wires across the top
  • The bicycle stamp is from the Nantucket collection by pink paislee as are the wood veneer letters
  • The paper piece behind the button is a piece from the flower sack from the Sasparilla collection by October Afternoon
  • The wooden button is from BasicGrey and the twine is also from Jillibean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment