Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Calabria Truck Page Layout

I did this quick 12x12 scrapbook page layout for an online class, "Stretch Your Kit" for Studio Calico! Amy Tan (her American Crafts line is Amy Tangerine) provided the first lesson and she made it so fun and easy and encouraged us all to USE our favorite paper that we've all been (hoarding) saving! I definitely do that, and so I took the plunge and used that background piece of paper I had been saving!


The best part was that this layout came together in about 20 minutes? Maybe longer, but it was by far my fastest layout ever put together! The second best part are those artichokes - Sal makes artichokes french so amazing, I would follow that truck everywhere (if I had a car)...


HOW-TO:
  • Be inspired, use up that piece of paper you've been hoarding! I used the October Afternoon Stagecoach paper from the Sasparilla collection and I'm so glad I did!
  • It's very subtle but I misted the background paper with Mister Huey's pickle (green) mist
  • I border punched cardstock and layered the borders to get a thicker border underneath
  • The floral strip of paper is called Handpicked from the Farmhouse collection by Crate Paper
  • The floral embellishment was from the Sasparilla flower sack also by October Afternoon, and everything except that little embellishment came in the County Fair (January) kit by Studio Calico, although I did buy the flower sack from the SC shop
  • The chipboard piece is from the Picadilly collection by BasicGrey
  • The little flower is from Jenni Bowlin Studios
  • The letters are Wood Veneer Alphas from Studio Calico and the "Calabria" portion of the title is purposely crooked... but it looks so slight, it looks like it could be a mistake, haha oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment