Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blue Angels

Seeing the Blue Angels last summer was amazing! I hope this layout does the show justice!


When I started this layout, the main thing I wanted to do was use that Studio Calico banner stamp for the title, but didn't know how I'd get the full "Blue Angels" title in such a small space. Even my mini-est letter stickers seemed like it would be a tight fit. So I wrote it out in pencil, trying to use the same "font" as what they use for their logo. I pierced holes where I just penciled it in and started stitching!


I think it came out pretty well and accomplished what I wanted!


HOW-TO:
  • I started out by using the "County Fair" January kit from Studio Calico and stitched around the dark blue cardstock except the upper left corner where I placed 4 punched planes using the Creative Memories mini punch
  • The floral-like background paper is called "Milk" from the Apple Cheddar Soup collection by Jillibean Soup
  • Since I knew I would be putting that paper on top of the cardstock, I cut out a big square out of the navy blue paper and then stamped the banner image on it and embossed it with Mustard Zing! embossing powder by American Crafts
  • Like I said, I drew in pencil the Blue Angels and then pierced holes and stitched the title, then used my exacto knife to cut out around the banner and pop it up with Zots at the top of the page
  • I stitched the arrow fabric swatch from Ormolu to a manila tag and also adhered more little plane punches
  • The letter stickers are Gray & Cream Mini Market stickers from October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment