Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Natalie's First Snowfall

ABOUT THE PHOTO:
It was unexpected. We were walking into the store on New Years' Eve to get some snacks and I was carrying Natalie when I realized she was just so amazed and amused by the falling snow! She was laughing and squealing with delight, and kept reaching up trying to reach the snow! When a snowflake landed on her face, she was surprised and declared "water!" and it was too cute not to stop in the freezing cold and get a couple pictures!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
I started the layout by using a Sketch Template from Simple Scrapper's Premium Membership, but veered from it once I decided to do a big title.

MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
To do the title, I first wrote it out and tried to make it a "clean" brush script so that it wouldn't have too many jagged edges when I went to cut it. I photographed it and turned it into a digital print and then got it into my Silhouette software and sized it. I actually cut it into that white background paper so I could try different papers and see which one looked best. Glad I did too because that rose print from Studio Calico's Park Ave kit wasn't my first choice, but as soon as I backed it, it looked perfect!


The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment