Thursday, January 22, 2015

Squeeze

ABOUT THE PHOTOS:
OK, I can't believe I'm posting this horrible photo of me in my pajamas at like 6am on a weekend, just having woken up and not even brushing my nappy bedhead hair! I guess that's just how cute I think Natalie is when she takes a bath! She's been asking for one lately by pulling her shirt up and saying "nakey baby, bath" while standing in front of the bath tub - who am I to argue with that!?


LAYOUT DESIGN:
This may seem like a stretch, but I started by printing my photos and using this layout by Nicole Samuels as my inspiration! I loved the feel of her layout, especially the 3 photos at the bottom and the 2 pieces of paper in the background (obviously).


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
When I started picking papers for the layout, I suddenly realized I really wanted to use those acetate fruit shapes from this month's Far Far Away kit by Studio Calico to make the two pieces of background paper come together. I almost decided to change my photos and try to find something else that would fit better when I came up with the title, and used the big white alpha that came as part of the Ivy Tower add on kit. I outlined the letters in pen to make them stand out and also to match the fruit shapes. I also used the Mia Alpha stamp set from Studio Calico and inked each letter twice over with Versamark ink to make the rest of the title. This was a fun, easy one, and since I already made a few layouts with this kit, it was much easier to convince myself to use up those fruit shapes all in one shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment