Saturday, December 13, 2014

Discover

I'm taking a break from December Daily to bring you a 12x12 layout for the Simple Scrapper Creative Team!

ABOUT THE PHOTO(S):
I had a bunch of photos from Natalie's first trip to the museum back in September, but didn't get a chance to scrap them till now.


LAYOUT DESIGN:
I used a Sketch Template from Simple Scrapper's Premium membership and ended up combining a couple of them and rearranging one to come up with this layout! So if you saw either of the original sketch templates, you may not even recognize that this layout came from either one! I also used a story starter to help tell a deeper story other than, today we went to the museum. I finished my journaling on the back to talk about how I suddenly realized how much easier Natalie had gotten once she could walk and go where she wanted to go, and how I felt very hopeful and excited seeing her walking all around the museum and I just had to follow along with the stroller.


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I used this month's Park Ave kit from Studio Calico, along with some stuff from my stash (pink cork stars that I just ordered, wood veneer letters, and printable labels from another month by Hello Forever). For the large circle, I printed it in a large format rectangle and instead cut the circle from the paper with my Silhouette and laid it over the photo - it made it much easier than trying to line up a cut on the picture itself.


The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment