Monday, December 22, 2014

December Daily: Days 6-18

Let's talk December Daily, shall we? I have been quiet on my blog about it, because I've been so busy trying to keep up with it and not spending everyday photographing, editing pics of my layouts, and updating my blog! I am behind by 3 days now, but still up to date with photos taken + printed! I think it is much easier to "catch up" when I have fallen behind here and there when my photos are already printed and in their pockets (with papers selected at least) - then I can just get started!

Anyway, so I took some pictures this morning, but they're still pretty glare-y. I've been posting as I go to my Instagram: ScrapperEmily, which may or may not have better photos.

Day 6:
These may be my favorite photos this month so far, ahhh look how cute Natalie is in her coat, hat, and boots!! Oh and yeah Chris finally strung up our lights. Nothing that awe-inspiring, but you can see I stamped under the tree and then added a star sticker to the one pocket.

Day 7:
Christmas on the Canal, and we brought Natalie's cousin! We talked about making this a new tradition, since this is the 2nd year in a row that we've gone - I really hope to see it throughout all my December Daily albums to come! I added silver phrase stickers and of course how cute is that polar bear from the Waldorf add-on kit this month at Studio Calico!

Day 8:
I basically cheated here and took a photo of the same thing three times, but kept zooming in to get a different shot each time! This was a great way to get more from only one photo really. I wasn't sure where to put my journaling so decided to just print it up on top of my photo along with a stamp brush from last year!

Day 9:
I had already decided to do something similar to Ali's page while building my foundation, so I knew I was planning to use that number paper. I was going to add a photo on top but instead chose not to and ended up doing the same thing as Ali with the journaling to the side. I like how this turned out! I added a little transparency flap with a tab just for a little extra something since that whole side didn't have any photos.


Day 10:
Another appearance by a stamp from the Waldorf add-on from Studio Calico in the form of the little owl! I kept pretty closely to my foundation page and the inks just happened to match my daughter's pants, bonus!

Day 11:
I grabbed a few photos from a ladies dinner we had at church from a friend's Instagram feed, since my pictures came out really blurry! I had a mishmash of cards for this one for the left side, since I pulled from a few different foundation page spreads. So I just added my journaling down the right side of the right page.

Day 12:
I was planning to do something similar to Ali's pages again, so used that wonky circles chipboard page, but ended up backing with transparency and just happened to realize the title fit perfectly, so I found some unused wood veneer letters from my stash and then went over them with white pen and outlined the circles with white pen so they would stand out a little better.

If you look closely at the picture I used for this side, there's a guy walking by in the background next to my husband, all blurry... it ended up being the perfect place for some journaling!

Day 13:
A really simple page - I used a digital stamp for the photo on the upper left and a simple outline in pen around the card on the lower left with a stamp. I just listed my daughter's favorite foods right now for the "All I want for Christmas" card and already have plans to use it again later in the album to list her favorite things to do.

Day 14:
Again just keeping it simple. I used some of the small white letter stickers that came in the kit to add "Jesus" to the top left card. Got my husband to snap some quick photos at church :) I bought the nativity cuts from the Silhouette online store and almost bought a scene that seemed to be missing the baby Jesus! Luckily I realized that was missing before I purchased that one and bought a different cut (there were quite a few to choose from) ha!

Day 15: (Natalie turned 16 months old)
She said "love you" and smiled for the camera when I said "smile" for the first times, awww! :) I think I can tell when I start to lose my creativity with December Daily... queue the use of gold glitter everywhere...

Day 16:
I didn't really have one nice photo to fit 6x8, trimmed or full page, so I used two crumb-y ones I got with my iPhone(4s) and added both. That stamp again :) I also had some other AE stamps from Technique Tuesday, so used that to stamp "Favorite Memories" next to the owl.

Day 17:
I went back and forth and finally decided to cut the word "December" from one of the 4x6 cards and trim it to fit across the 6x8 photo. One thing that's been helping me, photos-wise this year, is since I'm home during the day, taking pictures around the house of some decorations during the daylight. Even if I don't end up using them, I have backup in case I don't get anymore good ones, even on days we had planned to do stuff!

Day 18:
I decided it was time for another flap type element, so I used some gold stars vellum paper I had from last year, and trimmed it to 3.25"x12" then folded it in half so it would sit 3.25"x6" in the album. I added the E on the front for Ezra, Natalie's friend, and the N on the back for Natalie.

Here's the other side of the flap.

OK, so there's my update!! Hopefully next time I'm back, I'll have finished the album and can write up some conclusions!

No comments:

Post a Comment