Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mothers Day card!

Yes it's probably a little early for a Mothers' Day card, except when sometimes it takes awhile for card ideas to come to you and you have 3+ to make (for mom, mom-in-law, and sis-in-law, plus I will probably try to make one for my Grandma too) - so you take what you can get, or at least I do!



My inspiration was this sketch from the Hero Arts monthly blog contest! I just love Hero Arts stamps and stamp pads - so I searched my stamp stash for a HA stamp to use, and randomly found a circles pattern stamp from the Spread Joy Christmas/holiday themed stamp set by Hero Arts and Studio Calico!



I bought some watercolor paper the other day so I stamped the circles on the watercolor paper with Tim Holtz distress inks in Wild Honey, Victoria Velvet, and Dusty Concord. Then I took some watercolor and a watercolor brush and went over the circles to fill them in with a touch of color!



I bought the layered flower from the Silhouette Store and just used a pencil to curl the paper up a little bit and make the flower 3-D. I found the perfect little flower brad to finish, some papers from the Amy Tangerine Yes, Please line and tiny letter stickers from Pink Paislee! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment